I never thought I would feel this good about being 40! I guess it's all in how you look at it. I didn't speak of it for the longest time, thinking that maybe it wouldn't really be recognized and therefore not really happen. Then a couple months ago I decided to embrace it! It's inevitable, so why not enjoy it. I posted a sign on the fridge that reads " 40 and fabulous". This was for a few different reasons. 1. To help me remember 2. To help me adjust to it, and 3. To help me embrace it with joy! Well, it worked. I felt great turning 40 today. I had so many phone calls, visits, gifts and love spread that I think it's been the best birthday in a long time.
A basket of health and joy, just to mention one of my gifts..........
The girls used this basket to make me an incredibly delicious breakfast in bed.
After they presented it to me, they informed me that they thought it was way to much for just me.... naturally I invited them to join me for breakfast in bed!
Mace and the girls made a great dinner of Lasagna, Salad & Garlic Bread, and then we watched home movies of our little gems. ;) Yes....40 & fab!
1 comment:
Sounds like a fabulous way to spend your birthday!! I'm glad you had a great time.
Post a Comment