Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Oldest


17 years ago today my first gem arrived.  It was a hot July day, and I was so sick with Toxemia.  The day before she was born, they were ready to quickly induce me, due to my health and danger to her, but as I was being examined, the Dr. said that he thought she was in the wrong position.  I assured him that she was not, for surely nothing else could go wrong with this pregnancy. After further investigation, they found that she was indeed 'double foot linged breech' and I would need a c-section to get her out in one piece.  This was the beginning of the trend for my babies to come in that position. (Except of course Tess, who was the 4th and had to be taken c-section anyway, because I'd already had 3. ;..( )
         

She was well worth the suffering and we continue to be grateful for her strong sense of right, her instant obedience, her quiet ways of listening, reading and helping, her fun and crazy side and her love for her family and her Heavenly Father. The day she arrived will always be treasured as a glorious one.  When Mace held her by my face so I could see her, I was overcome with joy!  We are so blessed to have her in our family. 












Her birthday this year was one of RELAXATION for herself, Makena, Kennede & Grama Lori.  They were all sick and laid around all day while Tess and I were their chef's, maids, nannies and all around servants.  I think they watched an all time record of 7 or 8 movies in one day!!

Besides total relaxation she was treated to several of her favorite foods, served in complete princess fashion!  The 1st course...........
 followed by more......















until finally.... she was officially 17!!


No comments: